WHAT EXAMPLE ARE WE SETTING FOR OUR OWN GEN-NEXT ?
Let it not be one among episode of the series of vidhwa vilap (formal cry of widow) from an enigmatic, diabolical and vicious split personality – full of contradictions, a Megalomaniac and overall, a Devil incarnate, Baba Bakhoran Dass requests the readers to show him light.
The Almighty has always been graceful to BBD, as the life BBD has so far experienced is a good mix of ingredients that makes a wonderful chaat. The tingling taste of chaat can only be experienced, not described.
At the time of writing these lines, BBD is relishing the great blessings of the Almighty – in its all worldly gifts like good working environment, good accommodation, good food, nice ambience and facilities to take care of his physical and mental health.
The family atmosphere of BBD taught him of values in personal and professional life. His seniors in the organization taught him of loyalty towards the organization and its customers. To the Best of his abilities, BBD kept the commitment to its highest level of perfection. May be quite stubborn and not ready to be accommodative? However, BBD enjoyed the opportunity in all its way – without SELF.
This is in reference to the incidents at Hyderabad University, JNU; and now Yadavpur University – all elite educated people, above average Indian. Are they rational or getting radical?
It was summer of 1980, the venue was Hotel Mallika in Udupi Karnataka. BBD along with a section of batch mates werein the process of induction to a new chapter of livelihood mission through institutional credit. One among the batch mates was a tall robust black Ramarao of Andhra Pradesh – who subsequently could not complete the tenure and had to snap the ties just before fag end from Ghaziabad. The incident was an action of BBD as peeping tom in the rooms of Hotel Mallika at 1st floor where a couple from Manipal Medical College were having some fun, which made BBD giggled etc. etc. The male couple of the same age that BBD & Co. was having came out of the room and blasted all the views from top of his voice and angle. In the fit of his rage not only he abused us – but incidentally he used the name of organisation that BBD & Co. was representing. The demoralised company of BBD fled from the scene out of guilt – but Ramarao stood and challenged the gentleman. He shouted equally in his own style – YES, we are wrong, but how dare you name my organisation? You can abuse me, my friends – but how dare the organisation! The incident was learning lesson. Ramarao set an example. Hats off guru ji!
Now, coming to the issue:
What type of sensitivity we the people of India i.e Bharat and also called Hindustan or values, ethics, ability to cope of with environmental confusion with clarity in our perception have been passed on to the GEN-NEXT. Our attitude jointly and severally – whether is rational/biased/radical/logical?
BBD seeks view points as to whether he himself is clear or confused or have leaning towards some ideology – hence biased?
He feels that his generation is committing a sin (PAAP) hence it needs an act of remorse or accept it just like that as destiny. Prayschit, Paschataap ya Prarabdh?
Moot question is whether we love our Nation – an independent democratic country of 125 million intelligent people?
If the answer is YES, then please enlighten on following points to justify unity in diversity or accept as meek spectator living in some different clouds!
01. Why not a single name of the country?
02. How come our national anthem is truly and factually national anthem?
03. Why not a national language – why compartmentalisation?
04. During the beginning of basic education of the generation of BBD – borne just after political independence, was taught in Hindi as Ga se Ganesh, now it is Ga se Gadha. Is it ok we the people of India?
05. We are having extreme Aastha faith directed towards individuals like Gandhi, Nehru, Ambedkar, Mandal, Anna, MGR, Lohia, Manyavar, Sai baba etc etc and ready to sacrifice when somebody dares to offend our views – but not towards Rama, Krishna, Hanuman and other deity created by us only and are not individuals?
06. Majority of we the people of India find fault with a minority population called as Brahmins and condemn (by and large) for all the evils in the society, just forgetting that all the mightiest and powerful kings/monarchs/ leaders during ancient times; and post independence of present India were not Brahmins. Why all this animosity and hatred towards members of our own society?
07. All of us say, Law will take its own course and we shout that we have faith in our judicial system, but when the highest court gives some judgement where few people may not like it, we get upset/discuss and if need be alerted through constitutional amendment. Is it democracy?
08. If somebody abuses or called names of my mother I will react in extreme violent way, but become either a part of it or mute spectator if somebody called names to my mother land? Where is the national character?
09. All of us agree that we are an agrigarian society and agriculture is the way of life. Do you really respect any individual who does farming and feeds us?
10. Are we afraid of an individual having nuisance value or do we respect a man of strength, upright, honest and posses character as per own definition?
The questions are endless, what about the answer……