🎓JOURNEY – Just read this… Beautifully illustrated!
Life is like a journey on a train…
with its stations…
with changes of routes…
and with accidents !
We board this train when we are born and our parents are the ones who get our ticket.
We believe they will always travel on this train with us.
However, at some station our parents will get off the train, leaving us alone on this journey.
As time goes by, other passengers will board the train, many of whom will be significant – our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of our life.
Many will get off during the journey and leave a permanent vacuum in our lives.
Many will go so unnoticed that we won’t even know when they vacated their seats and got off the train !
This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, good-byes, and farewells.
A good journey is helping, loving, having a good relationship with all co passengers…
and making sure that we give our best to make their journey comfortable.
The mystery of this fabulous journey is :
We do not know at which station we ourselves are going to get off.
So, we must live in the best way – adjust, forget, forgive and offer the best of what we have.
It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to leave our seat… we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.”
Thank you for being one of the important passengers on my train… don’t know when my station will come… don’t want 2 miss saying: “Thank you”
Tirukkural by Tiruvalluvar ( a Tamil poet/writer) was written more than 5000 yrs ago. It’s one of the ancient science on Human behaviour , which has not changed in-spite of modern education & technology ! .
SOME GOLDEN THOUGHTS OF THIRUKKURAL
1. If your child lies to you often, it is because you over-react too harshly to their inappropriate behaviour.
2. If your child is not taught to confide in you about their mistakes, you’ve lost them.
3. If your child had poor self-esteem, it is because you advice them more than you encourage them.
4. If your child does not stand up for themselves, it is because from a young age you have disciplined them regularly in public.
5. If your child takes things that do not belong to them, it is because when you buy them things, you don’t let them chose what they want.
6. If your child is cowardly, it is because you help them too quickly.
7. If your child does not respect other people’s feelings, it is because instead of speaking to your child, you order and command them.
8. If your child is too quick to anger, it is because you give too much attention to misbehaviour and you give little attention to good behaviour.
9. If your child is excessively jealous, it is because you only congratulate them when they successfully complete something and not when they improve at something even if they don’t successfully complete it.
10. If your child intentionally disturbs you, it is because you are not physically affectionate enough.
11. If your child is openly defied, it is because you openly threaten to do something but don’t follow through.
12. If your child is secretive, it is because they don’t trust that you won’t blow things out of proportion.
13. If your child talks back to you, it is because they watch you do it to others and think its normal behaviour.
14. If your child doesn’t listen to you but listens to others, it is because you are too quick to make decisions.
15. If your child rebels it is because they know you care more about what others think than what is right
PLEASE FWD THIS to ALL, IT MAY GUIDE OUR MODERN PARENTS🙏